Monday 10 September 2018

No Need For Plastic!!

As part of our topic we have been learning about reducing waste. To help the environment with this my class made fabric bags to use instead of plastic bags. We also made lots of beeswax wraps. Beeswax wrap is used instead of glad wrap. Hopefully it helps the environment a little as we are not using plastic. I learnt how to make a beeswax cloth and hopefully I can make some more at home to help the environment. I enjoyed making these because they are so handy.
All you have to do is put fabric with grated beeswax on baking paper
and put another layer of baking paper on top of that. You then have to iron it and melt the wax into the cloth. For the fabric bags we had to cut out our pattern and then sew it. Here are some photo`s.


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Dakota

    Well done for writing about the projects we have been doing in class to try and help reduce the amount of plastic waste we produce. I like how you summarised what we have been doing, why we have been doing it and how we did it. I hope you can make some more beeswax cloth wraps at home. I have been very impressed with your plastic free lunchbox! Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.