Tuesday 4 September 2018

Save Our Planet!

Success criteria;

  • Describe some of the issues facing our environment today
  • Explain some of the negative impacts humans are having on the environment
  • identify some positive actions people are taking both here and around the world to try and help look after our environment.  
  • identify some positive actions we can take at school and in our own lives to help our environment.
  • learn about our local bush track and creek and identify some ways in which we can help to look after (kaitiakitanga) these areas.

Reading Learning Goals

-I am learning to use sub-headings to guide me to the main ideas in text.
-I am learning to use illustrations, text boxes, charts and graphs to help me make inferences so I get more information from the text.
-I am learning to use more than one text, in print or electronic formats, to gather and check the accuracy of information.
-I am learning to read a wide range of texts (e.g. encyclopaedias, websites, newspapers)  to gather and check information on a topic.
-I am learning to explain why the author has written a text.
-I am learning to read and understand text that contains academic and topic-specific vocabulary.

Here is a good video we found on how to make beeswax wrap.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dakota and Brighid

    Well done for working together on your infographic about how to reduce the amount of plastic waste we are producing. I really liked your fancy title and I loved the quote you used from Dr Seuss. This quote is so true!

    One think you could work on is having text that is easy to read. I found the red text very hard to read.

    I really liked the way you had. 'You can use.... instead of .....' The use of text and images was really effective and a nice simple way of getting information across.

    I have also been impressed with your plastic waste free lunchboxes. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.