Tuesday 27 November 2018

Camp letter



20 November 2018      


Dear Gemma


Thank you so so much for taking us on camp. I really enjoyed it.
All the organising was done really well. How many different hikes do you do per year?
So far at Arthurs pass on camp I have done the Bealey Spur Hike and the Anti Crow
Hut Hike.  A thing I learnt about you is that you get lots of schools coming to do th
e hikes and that you do lots of hikes regularly!


I liked how you set up and ran the games like Huckle Buckle,
the Tarp game, the Carpet game, the Spider Web, the Tyre game
and Chuck the Dino. My personal favourites of those games was the
Carpet game
and Huckle Buckle. Huckle Buckle really got you thinking when you
were running up
to meet your partner. Me and Sasha (my partner) ended up winning.
 The carpet game was really good to get me knowing my classmates.
The Spider game also had to have some maths done in your head of
who was lightest and who would go through each hole. I ended up going
through a bottom hole that was low to the ground but wide. What other
games do you usually run?


The Tramp was also a personal favourite for me. I really
enjoyed it because it had some challenging spots and easy fun spots.
I loved where we stopped for lunch on the ‘cliff’ and we could run around, wild.
I do lots of tramps but have never done one that is on a dry river bed and super rocky.
It was a challenging part of the hike for me because I get sore feet  easily and the rocks
certainly weren’t helping. When I stood in a little stream it felt good though!
About how many times have you done that walk? It was soooo fun!
Me and my friends enjoyed it so much that we are going to go back
and do the hike again together! We are going to swim where we river crossed.


The River crossing really got my brain thinking.
It was such a fun thing to do and I think that it
was a lot funner than last year because it was deeper
and swifter! Do you usually or have you ever done river crossings there?
 I was in group with my friends Sasha, Mackenzie, Billie and Summer.
My team worked really well together I think we did a good job at the river crossing.
When I got out of the water my feet were so cold but they warmed up on the walk back.


Somewhere I would like to go for more camps is Arthurs Pass and Gentle Annie


Thank you again.


Ngā mihi
Yours sincerely


Dakota


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.