Friday 12 April 2019

Callaghan's Ridge

Yesterday room 1 and 8 went to Callaghans ridge for a day tramp. Lots of great parents came as well. It took us four and a half hours. On the track we had to work with a couple of other people for a fun treasure hunt. I worked with Rebekah and Sasha. We found all the things including, a beutiful Tomtit (Miromiro),  interestng button fern and wierd brace fungi. 

The weather on thursday was lightly raining so we had to be carefull of slipping over and falling and hurting ourselves badly. The track was saturated and extremely muddy so it was really fun. In the afternoon the weather got better so that the track was soaked but it was no longer raining.

At lunch time we had to make wind and rain proof bivy's out of a tarpoline and rope. Our team did really well. We changed our plan from what we had decided in class because we hadn't seen where we would be making the bivy's before. Our bivy was really waterproof and sturdy. We tested it by shaking the water droplits on a tree onto the top of the bivy/ tarpoline.

I really enjoyed the walk because I got to walk with my friends. I also liked that it was a day of school. I learned alot yesterday that I woudn't usualy learn at a normal day at school!

I think that we could do games along the way like chinese whispers to make the walk a teeny bit funner. We could also do more challenges like un- muddiest shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.